Sunday, July 25, 2010

Arranged Love...or love re-arranged??

Hi Guys ,

I am back....I know this time the break was much longer....but trust me I deserved one...why???well so that I come back with a fresh stock of EMOCEANS to write about...and yes...for those few readers who have followed me...I promise I wont leave my passion for writing so soon....All I can say is .... guys...thanks for encouraging me to be at it...I will ensure you have something new to read about ... atleast every fortnight....

Well for starters ... have entered into a new life....a beautiful one...Well for those of you who still didnt get it...I have tied the knot...the knot which has tied me to someone special and a new family ... in a relationship that makes us ONE ... and gives a new meaning to friendship...

All of us have heard of LOVE Marriages & ARRANGED Marriages in social parlance...I am married for almost 2 months but I still dont get the difference between the two...Do matrimonial sites / marriage bureaus arrange love between 2 people...Do people decide to get married even when they are not in love??Does love blossom in an arranged marriage meeting or does it restrict itself to college canteens , workplaces and neighbourhood windows...Do people say Yes just because there is no reason to say No or is it because there is an inner voice which says "Go ahead you fool..he is the one you have been searching for..."

I hope I can find the difference between love marriage and arranged marriage in this life...For all you married people and also the bachelors and the spinsters in love .... if you know the difference ... please do let me know...

Almost a year and a half back my parents (like all other parents of the world ) decided to start the so-called arranged marriage procedure for me...I was excited ( yeah had to be...as I havent had any adventures in life so far ....)I was excited not with the thought of getting married ( that would have happened anyways ) but at the thought of being the centre of attraction...so I prepared a Matrimonial Bio-Data got some nice pics and got started off in this roller coaster ride ...

And then I realised that things are not so simple...I met a couple of guys in this process..(How I would love to use the word dated rather than met... but unfortunately cant due to the lack of romance in all those meetings...)Frankly I was not averse to the idea of marriage... but I was not comfortable with the notion of arranged marriage...I was out there to find the love of my life in an arranged marriage set-up...

I know .. its like asking for the rarest real diamond in the world in an artificial jewellery showroom...but people of our generation are used to Malls ... where you can find everything under the same roof...So the next question is...did I finally get my rare real diamond???

Well yes I did...

Life knocks our door in many special ways and waits for an answer...On one such rainy evening last July..it knocked my door...and as I opened my door... it stood there waiting to embrace me with both hands...and that day started the story of my marriage...a story which I want to share and will do very soon...a story of smiles...a small walk and a big decision taken over that walk..

I would share my story very soon ....

2 comments:

Vaibhav said...

Hi Mrs Rachana Desai :)
Congratulations on your marriage
And welcome back to blogger
Continue writing, im sure you have a lot of shades to explore here on, i hope you will express them in words and put some here

Judy said...

Congrats Rachana!!!! I am so happy for you..I think I am going to really enjoy your upcoming blogs... cant wait to read more:)

About Me

My photo
I AM A STUDENT OF A SCHOOL CALLED LIFE AND EVERYDAY IS AS ENJOYABLE AS A PICNIC AND AS CHALLENGING AS AN EXAM!!!!!! Rachana thats my name..... hey I am a student but dont ask my roll number..hehehe... Someone as unique and as ordinary as anyone else...Poetess in words and at heart...Just completed my MBA and would start working from June...Blogging and cooking are 2 interests which I am recently developing and must say am enjoying every bit of both..coz both give me a great feeling of contentment and satisfaction ...Very close to my family and a few friends who are like family...Have had a few enriching experiences in my life and am looking forward to more as my career takes a headstart in the next month...